Merrill 3/4" x 5' Y2 Self Closing Hydrant features a stainless steel spring, high-quality, extra heavy galvanized 1" pipe on the outside and galvanized pipe on the inside. Water pressure closes the hydrant so water is not wasted making it ideal for public use The extra thick walled head casting drastically reduces breakage and ensures a longer product life.
The basic design are why Merrill believes the self-closing is the best hydrant of its type in the industry.
*Actual product may vary from picture.
Self-Closing stainless steel spring and water pressure closes hydrant
Inlet - 3/4" NPT
Outlet - 3/4" Brass or No Lead Brass Hose Thread Adapter
Self Closing can be locked open or closed
Brass Plunger with 3 quad ring seals
Extra Thick Walled Head Casting greatly reduces breakage and ensures longer life
High Quality Galvanized Pipe 1" extra heavy pipe on outside and galvanized pipe on inside
Head Plug can be installed in front of head casting simply by changing places with hose adapter
TIP: Outlet should stand 27" above ground
DETAILED BENEFITS FROM MERRILL
* 1) Self-Closing stainless steel spring and water pressure closes hydrant.
Benefit - Hydrant shuts off so water is not wasted. Ideal for public use.
2) Locks Open or Closed simply push lock button to lock hydrant open or closed.
Benefit - Hydrant can be locked to restrict use if needed.
3) Brass or No-Lead Brass Hose Adapter heavy-duty hose adapter for standard 3/4" hose coupling. Interchangeable with head plug for easier plumbing attachment when needed.
Benefit - Standard garden hose thread in long life non-corrosive brass or no-lead brass.
4) Extra Thick Walled Head Casting greatly reduces breakage and ensures longer life.
Benefit - Withstands years of use and rough service.
* 5) Head Plug can be installed in front of head casting simply by changing places with hose adapter.
Benefit - Provides easier plumbing attachment when needed.
6) Cap Screws hydrants manufactured after 11/1/77 will have 3/8" x 5/16" self-locking socket head cap screws, and assembled with a locking sealant.
Benefit - Provides strong hold for hydrant head to pipe for years of service.
7) High Quality Galvanized Pipe 1" extra heavy pipe on outside and galvanized pipe on inside.
Benefit - Corrosion protected for long life.
8) No Exposed Threads on inside pipe or outside pipe.
Benefit - No uncoated metal to rust for longest life.
* 9) Cast Iron Body with Stainless Steel Sleeve for plunger seals to travel in, and pressed into heavy cast iron valve body for strength and economy.
Benefit - Smoother sealing surface for plunger seals, with longest life.
* 10) Solid Brass Plunger hydrants manufactured after 11/1/78 will have (3) ethylene propylene quad ring seals, self-lubricating and never come out of adjustment, have longer life and withstand higher pressures.
Benefit - Longest operating life plunger of its type.
* 11) Swivel Parts permit withdrawal of all moving parts without digging up hydrant. A 3/16" hex key will allow disassembly of hydrant by simply removing two cap screws and pull up inside pipe with plunger for inspection.
Benefit - Very easy to repair, simple reliable design.
* Exclusive Merrill Quality Features NOTE: Recommended Maximum Operating Pressure 60 psi (Due to Self-Closing Design). Flow Control Valve Available.